Thursday 8 August 2013

Laparoscopy

Laparoscopy, the pathway to painless surgery through a hole

Being an infertility expert, the surgeries have become part of my life, but I still remember the childhood days when surgery was perhaps the biggest fear in the world for me. I had never imagined that one day I will be performing multiple surgeries almost daily.  Surgical process (or operation in the more familiar term is a fearful matter. The thought of getting incision makes us uncomfortable and in a few cases it becomes a phobia when the patient is not ready to undergo any type of surgery. Thankfully the medical science has advanced so much and there are options like laparoscopy available where patients can undergo surgery with minimum discomfort and pain!

When do I go for Laparoscopy?

Laparoscopy or Laparoscopic Surgery, also called as a keyhole surgery; is an operation performed by us to inspect the organs around the pelvic area, such as ovaries, fallopian tubes and uterus, etc. Sometimes I am not able to find the exact cause of the problem by regular inspection then, I go for laparoscopy. The process becomes greatly useful for us and we are able to diagnose many problems with the help of it.

Cists (Ovarian Cists) or Tumors
Ectopic Pregnancy
Infertility
Pelvic Pains
Laparoscopic surgery is also used to do biopsy, to treat hernia or to take out or partial removal of some organs; such as ovaries, uterus, appendix and gallbladder, etc.

2 comments: